The most intense 18 hours of my life would not have been conquered without the love and support of my husband! I was so shocked at how in the zone he was. Most women have fears that their husbands will faint from all the hardcore labor pains, and ooey gooey stuff -I was one of those women. But Royce hung in there the whole time, and didn't worry at all. I needed to see and hear the calm assurance of his face and voice to make it through the whole ordeal. My mom and sister were also there to cheer me on and give me those much needed back rubs along the way. Thank God for caring family and friends.
The most relieving moment of my life! I was overjoyed and amazed to hold my son. Not to mention- to be free from all that pain. Its hard to believe this baby was in my belly for 9 months, and now he's in the world! Its such an honor to bring new life into the world, and have someone completely helpless to love and care for. Becoming a mother is definitely a transforming part of life. And after having a completely medecine free (no epidural) birth you feel like you can do literally anything! I feel like women in America are so use to going with the flow of conventional hospital births that we forget we were made for birthing. Our bodies know exactly what to do, and so do our babies. We just have to let go of our inhibitions and embrace the fact that there will be pain, but its only for a moment (18 hours in my case. lol)!
Little Levi and his daddy (holding him for the first time). When Levi was born we were all totally shocked at how much he and his dad look alike!
A fresh new breeze awakens me each morning. Anticipation for what each day holds. Excitement. Joy. Courage. Love. Life is full of wonder. Life is a gift!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Levi's first 3 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww! I love all the pictures! So sweet of you to share these times and experiences:) Love you!!
ReplyDeleteI love these photos and everything about this post. You are such an awesome super woman! He's so cute, I can't get over it. STOP GIVING ME (more) BABY FEVER. Haha. Love you!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics, Hannah. A cute little man. Wasn't talking about Royce. Just Levi. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, hannah, when I think about it I still can't believe how POWERFUL you are- enough to endure an 18 hour labor. Whooo! Its still mind boggling to me! And God is even more amazing to actually create human bodies that pop out baby bodies......LOL. It all seems so super-human or alien-like.
ReplyDeleteYou can now truly relate to that natural birth video we watched at our ladies night. Royce did great. But that one lady in the video still, well.....weird. haha!
Little Levi! Auntie loves you! (Can I start posting more photos now :-D?)
Thanks for the comments guys!
ReplyDelete@MichaelaRae. More baby fever!? Uh oh!
@Shalom: Thank you so much ;) I'm excited to see how your birth experiences will be. Im sure you will be just as strong and superwoman-like. lol And Ill still have to ask Royce about the pictures. Let u know soon!
BABY GIRL, I AM SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU, AND WHAT A BEA-U-TI-FUL BABY!!!!, He looks like he will be a red-head. There are quite a few redheads in momma Ethel's family, and other ancestry of little Levi.He looks like You, Royce, and Momma Ethel's family, ALOT, all rolled up into one gray-eyed little angel, that Auntia is just kissing and kissing and kissing ALLLLLLL OVERRRR. lol.
ReplyDeleteHephzi, I know you are The One ( Like Neo in the Matrix) LoL. 18 hours and you still keep on smiling. You are so brave and wonderful and such a great mommy! I truly thank THEMOSTHIGH for every blessed event in your lives, and your beautiful family.
See you soon! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Your Beloved Auntia.