Monday, March 10, 2014

My heart says of you..

My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
    Your face, Lord, I will seek.


Sometimes its only in those quiet still moments, when we can really hear our heart speaking. If we would only take the time from our busy lives and wandering minds to realign ourselves with our creator and our hearts for a greater purpose...

When I read this verse this morning, I could hear my heart shouting! 
"Seek his face!"
,and my mind responded "Yes Lord, Your face I will seek". 

Earlier in the chapter it reads:

"One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock."


Yes! It is only fitting that I praise YOU, O Lord. My Creator. 

I want this to be my only desire; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, and gaze upon his beauty. To be completely dependent on Him- so enthralled by his magnificence that my heart will not allow me to be distracted. This is all that Jesus asks of us ... In return he gives us Joy, peace, protection, LOVE, and ALL that we need. When we change our desire to this "One thing", He gives to us all the other...temporal things. 

Matthew 6:33 
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Amen! Let us rise up, and fulfill the call that He has given us. 

Let these verses bless you, as they have blessed me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment